The Space Ventura Competition purports to stimulate and cultivate the Entrepreneurial Spirit among students in business, engineering and the sciences. In particular, this competition seeks to encourage entrepreneurially oriented students to create and develop new ventures related to space exploration and commercialization based either on their own ideas and technologies or those developed by others.
This will be an event to explore new techniques and methods in the field of space technology to make this field money generating.
As India is among the top 5 nations in the world in space technology and this event targets to make this technical expertise commercially viable.
Intended markets can be like space technology softwares like google earth, entertainment field as World Space Satellite Radio and TATA Sky DTH services are doing.
Encouraged by the success of the previous events of such nature, we are organizing a Business plan competition during the International conference SEDSIC 07 on space technology. Hereby are written the different stages of the events. For rules and regulations, please refer to Rules. For registration and related details please refer to Register.
Executive Summary Submission
The Executive Summary round involves the submission of a 3-4 page summary (less than 1600 words) of the Business Plan. The Write-Up should briefly describe the Company, the Product or Service and the Unique Opportunity that their team would be offering. It should also provide a short description of the key management team members and an outline of the investment being made.
Note: Special stress should be given to the space technology involved in the proposed plan.
An executive Summary is
a brief Business Plan. It should contain all the major
information that should be provided to the reader that
tells him all about the company.
A summary may (not necessarily)include the following points:
- Understanding of Market Situation
- Competitive Analysis
- Identification of opportunity
- The Idea and its Innovativeness
- Potential to disrupt status quo
- Potential market size and share
- Sustainable competitive advantage
- Technology strategy
- Finance Strategy
- Corporate/ Administrative Strategy
- Ability to deter competition
- Back-up strategies
- Intellectual Property Value
- Revenue and growth potential
Submission of business plan
This stage calls for submission of complete B-Plan short listed in stage 1 and should cover all the details about technology used, available resources in terms of fund, technological expertise etc. this also include marketing strategies, revenue generation and any other aspects of the business.
Final presentation would be made in front of jury which will be consisting of persons of technical and management acumen.
- Maximum members in a team can be three.
- Participants will have to register online.
- Once registered, you can change your team composition and b-plan description as well..
- Teams that have got their company/startup registered cannot participate.
- One contestant can send more than one Business Plan. But, you will have to register separately for each B-Plan that you/your team submits.
- Entries need to have an innovative value (An innovative concept provides a solution for a new need, or offers a new way of fulfilling an existing need. The concept makes a clear advancement compared to existing products, services or technologies) Moreover the business plan should relate to a topic related to space.
- Contestants should register online for the first round and should always use their registration code for any future correspondence.
- Entries submitted after the deadlines will not be considered.
- The Name given to the Idea/Entry shall not be changed for the second round. However any change in name for the third and final round can be done by bringing it to the notice of the organizers, stating the reference number for the entry.
- The judges, mentors and the organizers will take the utmost care in handling the entries, and will guarantee the utmost confidence
abstract submission on email@example.com
Submission of Executive summary
Declaration of short listed entries
20th August, 07
Submission of Detailed Business Plan
For any Further Queries contact
Achintya jain :9952113226